When Personal Injuries in Issaquah Happen While Visiting Retail Stores Or Restaurants
Shopping and going out to eat is a favorite activity for many people. A day spent at the mall, date nights at local eateries, and stopping for take-out or groceries on the way home from work are things most of us do regularly. Unfortunately, restaurants and retail stores are among the most common places for personal injuries to happen. Our Issaquah premises liability attorney explains more about the risks and how to protect your rights to compensation.
Personal Injuries In Restaurants and Retail Stores
According to statistics from the Washington State Department of Health, an average of more than 600,000 people are treated in hospitals throughout the area each year. Personal injuries are one of the most common causes. Among the places where they most frequently occur are retail stores and restaurants.
While dining out and shopping may seem like harmless activities, negligence on the part of property owners, managers, and employees can put you at risk. Common hazards that can cause personal injuries in Issaquah include:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Cluttered aisles and walkways;
- Broken tile, torn carpeting, and other defects with flooring materials;
- Lack of non-slip mats at entrances and exists;
- Loose shelving and improperly attached lighting fixtures or other decor;
- Sharp edges on countertops, tables, or other surfaces;
- Failure to maintain outdoor areas;
- Lack of lighting or handrails on stairs;
- Hot objects, exposed wiring, and other burn or fire hazards.
Protecting Your Rights In A Premises Liability Claim
Under the Washington State Code, you have the right to hold property owners, managers, and others involved liable when personal injuries happen as a result of their negligence. In many cases, property insurance they have in place can help cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs. To protect your rights in filing a premises liability claim in Issaquah, take these steps when any type of accident happens:
- Avoid downplaying the situation;
- Notify the property owner, onsite security, or the police immediately;
- Make sure an accident report is filed and contains the date, exactly where your injuries happened, and the cause;
- Get contact information for witnesses;
- Take photos or videos if possible, which can provide important evidence;
- Seek medical care immediately, regardless of the severity of your injuries or symptoms;
- Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding testing, treatment, and work or activity restrictions;
- Before making any statements to insurers or accepting a settlement, contact our Issaquah premises liability attorney.
Contact Our Issaquah Premises Liability Attorney Today
Serious personal injuries can happen when visiting local grocery stores, shopping malls, and fast food or fine dining establishments. Even in seemingly minor cases, these can have major impacts on your health. To prevent paying out-of-pocket for medical bills, lost wages, and other costs, avoid downplaying the situation and reach out to Injury Law Group NW right away. Our Issaquah premises liability attorney helps you hold those at fault accountable. Call or contact us online and request a consultation today.