Protecting Yourself Against Truck Accidents In Washington State This Holiday Season
Residents of King County depend on trucks to deliver the gifts, decor, food, and other supplies they need during the holiday season. The increase in demand at this time of year means a corresponding increase in truck traffic. Unfortunately, this makes truck accidents in Washington State more likely to happen.
Our Issaquah truck accident attorney provides the caring support and trusted legal guidance victims and their families need to get compensation. Find out more about why holiday truck accidents are so common and how to reduce your risks.
The Holidays Bring an Increase Of Truck Accidents In King County
According to the Washington State Department of Transportation, more than 60 people are injured due to truck accidents in King County each year. T-bone collisions, rollover accidents, and head-on crashes are among the most common and can result in potentially life-threatening harm.
During the holiday season, manufacturers and distributors struggle to meet the demands of consumers and rely more heavily on truckers. Unfortunately, this means you are more likely to encounter 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs on the road, as well as more local delivery trucks and vans. Factors that increase the risks and can make truck accidents in Washington State more likely to happen include:
- Winter weather conditions, making driving more dangerous for everyone;
- Heavy traffic conditions, making it harder to navigate local roads;
- Increased risk of drowsy driving, as truckers work extended shifts to keep up with holiday demands;
- Speeding, which is often the only way to meet overly demanding trucking company schedules;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, which poses major risks during the holiday season.
Reducing King County Truck Accident Risks
Share The Road is a public awareness campaign sponsored by the American Trucking Association. It aims to educate all drivers about trucking safety and shares tips that can help to avoid a crash.
Due to adverse weather and increased traffic at this time of year, the holiday season is a common time for truck accidents in King County. The following are ways to help reduce your risks:
- Pay close attention to what is going on around you at all times when driving, particularly when sharing the road with truckers;
- Allow them plenty of space and avoid driving in truck ‘no zones,’ which are large blind spots in front of, behind, and along either side of the vehicle;
- Avoid cutting truckers off when passing and avoid other aggressive driving behavior, such as tailgating and failing to yield;
- Be patient as truckers and delivery drivers navigate parking lots or crowded city streets, allowing them the time and space they need.
Let Our Issaquah Truck Accident Attorney Help You Get Compensation
Despite taking precautions, truck accidents in King County can still happen. At Injury Law Group NW, we help you get the compensation you need to recover. For experienced, trusted legal guidance in filing a claim, call or contact us online and request a consultation with our Issaquah truck accident attorney today.